Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Germany or Bust!




Well it's official, actually it has been for over a week now but I am a slow blogger, we are moving to Spangdahlem Air Force Base in Germany!!! Spangdahlem (Jenny will you help me practice saying it right?) the base and the town are both really small (population 800) and in a really rural location, as you can tell from the picture. The closest city is Trier which is the oldest city in Germany and quite historic. It is also pretty close to the German borderlines with France, Luxembourg and Belgium. It is by a large river so it stays pretty cool temperatures most of the year never getting warmer than the 70's in the summer but not too cold in the winter, around the 30's and 40's mostly. Which being huge and prego at the moment in hot, desert Utah sounds pretty good to me. From what I hear the German people are most hospitable and kind and I can't wait to get to know them and to explore the sites. In fact, we almost went to a different base in Germany, Ramstein, but that didn't work out. I am glad because that is in a really big city primarily made up with Americans and they have all the American stores and such and I wanted to go somewhere where we could really get a feel for the culture and give our kids the experience of a lifetime. I mean, if you are going to move to Germany, move to Germany, right? Before we go I want to compile a list of some fun places to visit on the evenings and weekends so if anyone has any thoughts about what to see in Europe (because it is hard for me to narrow it down) let me know. And hopefully I will still have internet access there to blog our travels. Ü

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey you are already on your way. You know how to make an "umlaut" over your U's which is way surpassing me and I speak the language! I am so excited for you guys. I can't think of a better adventure! You will create memories to last a lifetime!

April said...

Oh Angela, that is awesome, how are you about moving to a new country? Crazy. Do you guys know German? I am sad, but excited for you, when do you go? Good luck with the move. I know how it is, so stressfull and always trying to keep it clean. Your house is darling I think you will have great success. GOod luck. We'll for sure get together before you go.
Oh and are you having your baby there? Crazy.

Amy said...

What?!?! I guess I am always behind on the news, that will be a great experience for you. I loved getting out of Utah for a while, but of course I am sooooo SAD! Who is going to do the seahorse for me now?