Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter




Well, it's never fun to celebrate a holiday without Cody. He is definitely one of the kids with his boyish enthusiasm. But when he's out of town, or the country in this case, we miss him, but try to have fun anyway.

We did color eggs together. Nothing fancy like in years past, but simple is fun too. Sarah did not think she could possibly get close enough to those eggs.
On Easter Sunday we had Cody's parents, Ken and Gayle, and his brother Tieg and his four boys over for a way yummy breakfast. You know me, I stayed up late baking and we're still eating the leftovers. And believe me, no one's complainin'! (Cody, I thought you'd like this picture of your parents all dressed up for church with us. Wish you were here.)

Here's a random picture of Ben a little overwhelmed with the excitement.

I thought this was a cute one of Sarah and Papa.
He's great with babies-especially loves the girls, and they sure love him too!


I usually never include pictures of myself in my posts, ugh, so Cody it's a sacrifice for you sweetie. We love and miss you! I wish I'd have taken my camera to Laura's house that night for Easter dinner. We had a great time there too and Laura, true to her reputation, did a fabulous job with everything. It was really important to me that Easter was more a "holy day" than a "holiday" and I think it was. It was a really nice day, and was made even better because we spent it with family.

2 comments:

April said...

AHHh look at that beautiful family!! your kids are getting so big! And what? He's out of the country? for how long? I hope everything is ok (health wise) while he's gone! And well everything else for that matter. you deserve MOTHER OF THE YEAR! We need a playdate with our kiddies sometime!

The Sherman's said...

Ang- I for one am glad you finally posted a pic of yourself! You do not look old or haggard. You are amazing! Ben looks so handsome and I love Jocelyn and Aimee with their gloves on - too perfect. I'm glad you had a nice Easter, even though I'm sure you miss Cody even more on holidays.